The Professional Development of Teachers
*** PE Huddle episodes are available for free. If you would like to download a custom certificate of completion, please create an account or sign-in. Once logged in you can download your certificate by marking the webinar complete at the bottom of the page.
- What kind of person makes a great teacher? (9:30)
- Do we need to recruit teachers? (12:40)
- Why is PE so different at Elementary, Middle School, and High School levels? (18:30)
- How can you support a new teacher? (26:59)
- Why is there such a high drop-out rate in the teaching profession? (37:35)
- How do you manage student behavior? (40:22)
- What is the future of physical education? (47:41)
- Dr. Pangrazi’s closing thoughts (50:43)
Join Gopher’s Contributor Network
Gopher is looking to add passionate and dedicated professionals to our network of content contributors. Are you an educator who is passionate about your field and has developed strategies, ideas, and activities that you would like share with the profession? If so, we encourage you to join our network to share your expertise and passion with others!
Join us as we chat about the qualities of effective physical education and health teachers. Connie Pangrazi has spent years recruiting and training new teachers in our profession. We will discuss teachers from many points of view including traits that are found in successful teachers; differences between elementary, middle, and high school teachers; why 1 out of 3 new teachers drop out of the profession at the end of three years; how salary impacts the quality of teachers who enter teaching; and how to support and help teachers who feel “burned out.”